THREE WAYS TO START SELLING ONLINE AND EARN BIG PROFITS
|The IMC Insider
Helping Real People create wealth and freedom with Internet businesses since 6
August 18, 2008
|Three Easy Ways To Start Selling Online (And Earning BIG Profits) As Quickly As Possible
By Derek Gehl
I've been feeling bad all day, because yesterday I broke a woman's heart (don't worry, Coralynn, it's completely innocent! ;-)
See, I was chatting to a woman while waiting for my car at the service center, when our conversation turned to business...
... and when she found out what I did for a living, she hit me with THE question (the one SO MANY people ask):
"I'd LOVE to make money on the Internet, but I really don't want to waste any time on it. What's a FAST, EASY way to get online -- and making profits -- without doing any work?"
It's my answer that broke her heart: "There ISN'T one, and if you don't want to do ANY work, then an online business isn't for you!"
I admit it... I was pretty blunt about it, but I'm just SO tired of people assuming that you can start a SERIOUS Internet business while sitting around watching television!
But of course, when I got back to the office, I began to regret being abrupt...
... and then I started thinking about the ways you actually CAN make money online quickly, without doing too much work (though you still have to be motivated, apply yourself, and spend a reasonable amount of time on it).
So ma'am, if you're out there, these THREE ideas for a FAST and EASY online business are for you! :-)
1. Let someone ELSE store and ship the products FOR you
One option for getting online and making profits FAST, is to sell products using a drop shipper. Here's how it works...
You choose a drop shipper who carries the kinds of products you want to sell on your site. Then, when you make a sale, you charge your customer, and send their shipping information to the drop shipper.
The drop shipper sends the product to your customer, then bills YOU for the order, at LESS than what you charged your customer. Your profit is thedifference between what you charge the customer, and what the drop shipper charges you.
Drop shipping is one of the quickest and easiest ways I know to start selling online, because, with no stock to buy or store, there's very little advanced setup required.
And there are other GOOD reasons to consider drop shipping:
Really, the only time-consuming part of setting up a drop shipping business is actually finding a good drop shipper where you can get the kind of products you're looking for, at a price you can profit from.
- Affordability -- There's no product to develop, so no costs involved there, and because there's no stock to buy, there are also NO storage costs.
- Flexibility -- You can sell products you otherwise wouldn't be able to stock yourself.
- Better customer service -- Your buyers are still your customers, and you remain their point of contact.
Here are some resources I recommend to get you started:
There are also many companies online that provide extensive listings of drop shippers, like Aid and Trade (www.aidandtrade.com), and The Thomas Register (www.thomasregister.com)
2. Earn a commission for recommending other people's products
Recommending other people's products as an affiliate is another great way to get started online quickly and easily.
As an affiliate, you promote another company's product or service on your website (or to your opt-in list using email marketing), and for every paying customer you refer to the company's site to purchase, you get paid a percentage of the profits in commission!
And the BEST part is that once you've done the research to find a solid market, it only takes SECONDS to set up an affiliate relationship, and start earning BIG commissions!
Other reasons to consider starting an affiliate site?
As with drop shipping, you have to do your research and find a good program (or programs) relevant to your business.
- It runs itself -- Once you've completed the setup, you can automate the entire process, so you can earn commissions day and night, year round!
- You can earn MULTIPLE commissions -- Because there's no customer service or payment processing required, you can get away with spendingvery little time working on the site, so you can easily set up MANY affiliate sites to MULTIPY your earnings.
There are a number of web-based resources for locating affiliate programs. The best include:
Of course the more traffic you send, the more money you make, so you do need to put some work into creating a site that gets lots of visitors.
3. Join the world's LARGEST online marketplace, where $2,000 worth of merchandise is sold every SECOND!
If you REALLY want it FAST and EASY, there's no better way I know of to start making money online (potentially thousands of dollars each month), than to start your own eBay business!
Over $60 BILLION (yes, I said billion!) changes hands on eBay every YEAR, so you've got a built-in market just waiting to buy what you're selling! This is actually my FAVORITE way to start making money online as quickly as possible, because, unlike drop shipping and affiliate programs...
... you don't even need a website to start making BIG profits!
There are other reasons to consider eBay if you're looking to start making money right away:
Like I said, ANYONE can start making money quickly and easily on eBay...
- No startup money required -- You can easily create an account with eBay, get your first listing up, and start making serious profits, for just a few cents
- No business experience necessary -- You don't need to know ANYTHING about running a business to get started on eBay, so it's perfect for people who are just beginning to work for themselves
- You don't need to be computer savvy -- If you know how to check your email, you have all the computer skills you NEED to start making profits on eBay!
... but to make really BIG money, it helps if you understand the more advanced strategies (the ones that very few other "eBayers" actually even know about).
I've been working with my in-house team of elite eBay mentors to develop a three-step system that anyone can follow to start making potentially THOUSANDS of dollars a month on eBay...
... and I've put them into an online video training series that you can watch FOR FREE!
In the videos, I'll show you how to AVOID the number one profit-killing mistake that nearly every new eBayer makes... my secret three-step formula for determining if ANY product will be a HOT seller... and review how to use eBay's new rules to outsell even your TOUGHEST competitors!
You can get instant access to the FREE videos right here.
To your success,
|A Quick and Easy Way to Increase Your Conversions
By Derek Gehl
If you're like me, you get really frustrated when you know a website has what you're looking for... but you just can't find it anywhere!
So you hit your "Back" button and go spend your money somewhere else.
To make sure YOUR business doesn't make the same mistake, there's one quick and easy trick that can dramatically increase your conversions...
Add a search box to your site.
Your potential customers are WAY more likely to buy from you if they can easily search your site to find what they're looking for.
MarketingSherpa's eCommerce Benchmark Guide found that 43% of consumers use internal website search boxes, if they're available.
There are four important points to consider when you add a search box to your site:
1. How big is your search box? A bigger, more prominent search box is more likely to be used.
A MarketingSherpa case study that followed these four points had the following results:
2. Where is your search box located? Don't make people search for your search box! Successful online businesses like Amazon and eBay put their search boxes at the top of all their pages.
3. Pay attention to the copy near your search box. Make it obvious what your search box is for. A MarketingSherpa case study showed it can be helpful to use the word "Find" on your search box button, instead of "Go."
4. Make your search box stand out. Add a little color or a border around your search box to capture people's attention.
Plus, a search box also gives you a gold mine of keyword research data.
- 20% increase in conversions for people using site search box
- 84% increase in average revenue per customer using search
- 34% increase in overall conversion rate
You can easily discover which problem statements your customers are using to search for things they expect to find on your site.
This priceless data will give you ideas for product improvements, new backend products, opt-in offers, and bonus items. You can also use these problem statements as keywords for your site -- or in your PPC ads and articles.
It's easy to add a search box to your site. Two good options are Google's Custom Search Engine and Yahoo! Search Builder.
It comes down to this: If you make it easy for potential customers to find what they're looking for, they're more likely to buy from you.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Internet marketing expert Derek Gehl specializes in teaching real people how to successfully start, build, and grow their own profitable online businesses on small budgets. To get instant access to the step-by-step strategies, tools, and resources he's used to grow just $25 into over $60 Million in online sales, visit: